CREWSING IT consultant works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their School and business objectives or overcome problems. CREWSING consultants work to improve the structure and efficiency of an organization’s IT systems.
CREWSING IT consultants may be used to provide strategic guidance to organizations with regard to technology, IT infrastructures and the enablement of major business processes through enhancements to IT. We are also used to provide guidance during selection and procurement as well as providing highly expert technical assistance, and may be responsible for user training and feedback.
CREWSING IT consultants are involved in sales and business development, as well as technical duties.
Our Tasks typically involve:
- meeting with clients to determine requirements;
- working with clients to define the scope of a project;
- planning timescales and the resources needed;
- clarifying a client’s system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business;
- travelling to customer sites;
- liaising with staff at all levels of a client organization;
- defining software, hardware and network requirements;
- analyzing IT requirements within companies/institutions and giving independent and objective advice on the use of IT;
- developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems;
- presenting solutions in written or oral reports;
- helping clients with change-management activities;
- purchasing systems where appropriate;
- designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems;
- preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers;
- organizing training for users and other consultants;
- being involved in sales and support, and where appropriate, maintaining contact with client organizations;
- identifying potential clients and building and maintaining contacts.